Accord is continuing to help people with disabilities in Minnesota live their greatest lives in the face of the unprecedented COVID-19 Pandemic and the Governor’s Stay at Home order. Since the order went into place, we have had to temporarily close our day services. We are following those recommendations, yet continue to provide services by:
- Delivering food and other essential items
- Helping people get the service and support they need, via phone and tele-visits (and in-person visits only if necessary)
- Providing remote family supports as issues arise
- Helping clients who have lost jobs navigate unemployment insurance paperwork
- Doing daily check-ins to help persons served stay emotionally strong during this difficult
As we continue to navigate this unprecedented time, we are also trying to keep the people we support connected to the community. The money we are trying to raise will help us to provide laptop computers for all of our Twin City Adult Foster Care homes. These laptops will help the people we serve feel less isolated and help them connect to others during this difficult time. They will have Advocacy Courses online and other activities to keep them connected to our community.
We need your help! We are looking to raise $5,000 as soon as possible for these laptops. Every dollar matters!
Please give today by clicking the “DONATE” button below. We are grateful for your support, kindness, and generosity during this challenging time.
Director of Advancement