Family Support Services From Accord™
Independence, Inclusion, Community
As a waiver-funded program created to increase independence and inclusion in the community, Peer Support Services (PSS) is a program that allows individuals to choose the staff that support them through a variety of services.
Family Supports relates to outcomes identified in the person’s support plan when teaching and training is to meet the person’s needs. Covered services include supervision, support, and assistance with:
- Activities of daily living (ADLs)
- Accessing community services
- Developing meaningful connections with community members
- Establishing new relationships and nurturing existing ones
- Participating in community activities of the person’s choosing
These services are provided one-on-one outside the individual's home, with the focus often being on integrated community settings that enable the person to interact with people with and without disabilities.